What to Wear!
Here are some tips on what to wear to a photo session.
- Solid colours over prints. Busy prints can distract the viewer from the focus of the photo, YOU!
- Nice bright, rich colour really pop in photos (i.e. no neon greens or yellows). Even white looks great and can feel fresh. I usually suggest staying away from dark colors because they can blend into the background and if you have a favorite color that you just love, wear it!
- It’s usually a good idea to avoid anything too trendy so that later on you aren’t looking back at your photos thinking, “why did I wear THAT?”
- For group family portraits, you can certainly match if that’s truly what you want, but in my opinion simple color coordination is all that’s needed. You could choose pastels, for example, and everyone can stick to that color palette but not wear the exact same color.
- Comfort is key! We liked do a bit of walking during our photo sessions, laying on the ground, kneeling on the ground, so you’ll want to be comfortable in what you’re wearing.
- Be yourself!
Here are some examples: